IPA - Bilcare Awards
|IPA together with Bilcare has instituted awards for best packaging in pharmaceuticals in order to motivate packaging wizards. Awards would be given in three categories for Best Pharmaceutical Packaging every year based on recommendations from specially constituted IPA - BILCARE Award Selection Committee of experts in packaging.
Criteria for Selection of Nominees for Award
|" The packaging should be innovative with creativity.|
" The award will be given for the product manufactured and sold in India.
" The nominee should provide the characteristic features of the packaging.
" Suggestive or implemented packaging system should increase the quality of medicine for better therapeutic benefits.
" Documentary evidence should be provided to prove that the medicinal product remains stable for the expected shelf life mentioned on the label in new package.
|The Award for best packaging in pharmaceuticals of the year will be known as IPA-Bilcare Award.
1) IPA will make announcement to call nominations through its publications and other resources and will receive and make preliminary scrutiny of the nominations.
2) IPA and Bilcare will jointly make efforts for the publicity and marketing through their members and employees respectively.
3) Bilcare will organize and conduct seminars on packaging through its Research Academy under IPA banner. Bilcare will inform the State or Local branch of IPA, as the case may be, about the program. Bilcare will bear the traveling and accommodation expenses for the IPA President or his nominee for attending the function.
4) The Selection Committee will consist of seven members. The Chairperson of the Committee will be nominated by Bilcare. IPA shall nominate three experts in packaging and Bilcare shall also nominate three persons as the members of the committee.
5) Three awards will be given every year. First for solid dosage form, second for liquid dosage form and the third for any other dosage form in pharmaceutical packaging. The Selection Committee shall meet once in a year and shall finalize the awardees from the nominations received. The decision to select the awardees will be by consensus. The decision of the Selection Committee will be final and conclusive.
6) The awards will consist of the following :
Rs. 30,000/- cash
The mementos and citations would display the logos of IPA and Bilcare.
7) The awards will be given once in a year during the inaugural function of IPA Conference of national level as decided by the Committee.
8) The award will be given to the Industry/Institution or to the person nominated by them.
9) The pharmaceutical industry/institutions and individuals shall send their nominations to the Member Secretary, Indian Pharmaceutical Association, Kalina, Santacruz (East), Mumbai - 400 098, before the stipulated date.
|Recipients of IPA-BILCARE award|
Elder Pharmaceuticals – "Shelcal®" (Best packaging strategy)
Ranbaxy – Crosland Division - "Sotret®" (Solid dosage forms)
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory – "Geafeel®" (Other dosage forms)
Glaxo Smithkline – Crocin 650 & Cold 'n' Flu (Solid Dosage Form)
Ranbaxy Laboratories - Twin Pocket Nested Pouch (Liquid Dosage Forms)
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories - Reditux 500 Injection Novel Tray Pack(Other Dosage Forms)