Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA) in association with ACG & SciTech Centre are pleased to announce the 6th IPA ACG-SciTech Innovation Awards to be presented at the IPA Awards ceremony in December 2019 at Chennai.
We all are aware that COVID‐19 Pandemic has changed the lifestyle for everyone and has affected all walks of life on a national as well as on a global scale. The continuous lock‐down and regulations of the Government has forced all professional organisations to reschedule or cancel their functions. Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA) in collaboration with ACG & SciTech Centre has been giving awards for Innovation every year since 2014. We are now pleased to announce the 7th IPA ACG‐SciTech Innovation Awards.
In the year 2014, IPA, ACG and SciTech Centre initiated these awards with an intent to recognize the efforts made by pharma organizations & individuals in India towards Innovation in research and development in solid dosage formulations and packaging of pharmaceutical products.
1) Best Innovative Development of a Solid Dosage Formulation
2) Best Innovative Packaging of a Pharmaceutical Product
One winner in each category will be awarded a Cash Prize of INR. 1,00,000/‐ and a Memento
Criteria for Selection
An organization or individual meeting the following criteria may apply for the award:
1 Best Innovative Development of a Solid Dosage Formulation
a) The idea should be innovative and creative
b) The innovation should be fundamental yet practical
c) The nominee should provide characteristic features of the innovative solid dosage form and the documentary evidence supporting its uniqueness and stability
d) The innovation should address a disease or meet special demands of the region
e) Potential for getting patent and commercialization will add value.
2 Best Innovative Packaging of a Pharmaceutical Product
a) The packaging should possess unique features
b) The idea should be innovative and creative
c) Suggested or implemented packaging system should enhance quality & compliance of medicine
d) Documentary evidence should be provided to prove that the medicinal product remains stable for the expected shelf life mentioned on the label in the new packaging.
e) Potential for getting patent & commercialization will add value.
a) An individual can send only one nomination for each category, but a group or a company may file up to a maximum of two nominations in each category.
b) Office bearers of IPA Center and employees of ACG are not eligible to apply for the award.
How to Register:
Please visit the webpage – http://cloud.info‐acg.acg‐world.com/ipa2020
Fill the registration form on this page. You will also need to contact the IPA Secretariat (Mr. Kishore Chavan) on 91.22.26671072 or write to him at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your application.
Courier the following documents to him and ensure they reach the Mumbai office before Thursday, 31st December 2020.
- Company Profile (Not more than 1 A4 page) or Individual Bio data (Not more than 2 A4 pages)
- Report summary form – Click Here to download it
- A detailed report of the Innovation
- Two dummy samples of the package (Applicable for the Best Innovative Packaging award only)
Courier Address: Hon. Gen. Secretary, C/o. Bombay College of Pharmacy, Kalina, Santacruz (East), Mumbai – 400098
Selection of Awards:
An award committee nominated by IPA will decide the winners based on a pre‐decided set of criteria and evaluation parameters. All deliberations will be in private, and neither IPA, ACG or SciTech Centre will be liable to disclose the reasons for an Award being accepted or declined. Any attempt to canvas directly or indirectly with members of the committee will disqualify the nomination. The committee’s decision on all matters will be final.
Winners of 6th IPA ACG – SciTech Innovation Awards
Best Innovative Development of Solid Dosage Form Award for the year 2019
WINNER – Steer Life Indian Pvt. Ltd.
Best Innovative Packaging for Solid Dosage Form Award for the year 2019
WINNER – Abbott Healthcare (P) Ltd.
Promising Innovation in Solid Dosage Form Award for the year 2019
WINNER – Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
Earlier Winners of IPA-ACG Awards
- Best Innovative Development of Solid Dosage Form Award for the year 2016 – Rubicon Research Pvt. Ltd.
- Best Innovative Packaging for Solid Dosage Form Award for the year 2016 – Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Special Recognition in Best Innovative Development of Solid Dosage Form Award for the year 2016 – Anand Pharmacy College
- Best Innovative Development of Solid Dosage Form Award for the year 2017 – Jamia Hamdard Institute of Chemical Technology.
- Best Innovative Packaging for Solid Dosage Form Award for the year 2017 – Abbott Healthcare (P) Ltd.
- Best Innovative Development of Solid Dosage Form Award for the year 2018 – National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER)
- Best Innovative Packaging for Solid Dosage Form Award for the year 2018 – Aurobindo Pharma Ltd.
- Best Innovative Development of Solid Dosage Form Award for the year 2019 (Industry) – Continuous, Solvent free processing of Effervescent Compositions – Dr. Rakshith Shetty, Steer Life India Pvt. Ltd.
- Best Promising Innovation of Solid Dosage Form Award for the year 2019 (Academia) – Role of Ayurveda in the Development of Multiparticulate Solid Dosage Form for the Bioavailability enhancement of Anticancer agent – Avinash Chaudhary & Gaurav Shrangare, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University.
- Best Innovative Packaging for Solid Dosage Form Award for the year 2019 – “G’ DoCon®” – Granule Dosing Concept for Creon® – Rajesh Kumar Mishra, Abbott Healthcare (P) Ltd.