|IPA jointly with Shri Ramanbhai B. Patel Foundation instituted IRF Life Time Achievement Award with effect from the year 2003, to honor senior pharmacists who have made noteworthy contributions in the field of Pharmacy throughout his/her life.
- Life Time Achievement Award is instituted by IRF and dedicated to the memory of
Late Shri Ramanbhai B. Patel, the Founder Chairman of Zydus Cadila Healthcare
- The Life Time Achievement Award shall be given every year starting from 2003.
- The award presentation ceremony will be held at the time of IPA Fellowship Dinner
program at the Indian Pharmaceutical Congress or at similar function of IPA.
- The nominations for Life Time Achievement Awards shall be invited by Member
Secretary, IRF through Pharma Times and the IPA website in the month of August /
September giving six weeks’ time for receiving the nominations. The nominations for
Life Time Achievement Award shall also be invited through leading newspapers, other
pharma magazines, newsletters etc., for wider publicity. The Selection Committee shall
appoint a Search group who shall undertake preliminary screening of the nominations.
The Search Group may also suggest names of deserving persons, missed out by the
process of nomination and include their names in the final list of nominees.
- Any Ordinary / Life Member of IPA can nominate a person for this Award.
- The nominee should be a current or past IPA Member.
- The age of the nominee should be 70 years or above.
- The nominator shall forward an application in the prescribed format (Annexure A),
justifying nomination for the award to the person, to help the Selection Committee in
making a decision about the Life Time Achievement Award.
- Self‐nomination is not permitted. Any nomination proposed or seconded by a family
member of the candidate also will not be considered and shall be rejected.
- The nomination papers need not include any consent letter from the nominee.
However, the consent from the recipient of the Award should be sought prior to the
official announcement of the Award.
- All nominations shall be sent to the Member Secretary, IRF C/o The Indian
Pharmaceutical Association, Kalina, Santacruz (East), Mumbai ‐ 400 098, India.
- The Member Secretary will organize a meeting of the Selection Committee in the
month of October / November in Mumbai for the selection of the Awardee.
- The selection of the awardee shall be by consensus. The Committee shall frame the
methodology of selection.
- The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final and no correspondence shall
be entertained after the Committee announces the decision.
- The IPA Eminent Pharmacist Awardees will be considered for the Life Time
Achievement Award only three years after their receiving the Eminent Pharmacist
- The award package shall include :
b) Medallion with Gold plating in Bronze and a Shawl. Medallion would have
photograph of Late Shri Ramanbhai B. Patel on one side and IPA logo with year
of presentation of the award on the other side.
c) Travel expenses to and fro for the recipient of the award and spouse on an apex
ticket if traveling by air or first class A/C railway fare whichever is appropriate.
d) A Cash prize of Rs. 25,000/‐ (Rs. Twenty Five thousand only)
- The recipient of the award is expected to respond very briefly during the award
Please forward the nomination of an eligible candidate in the prescribed format on or before 21st November 2020
Recipients of IRF Life Time Achievement Award
|2020||Mr. S.D. Joag|
Dr. Ajit Dangi
|2019||Mr. Krishna Dev|
Mr. Suresh Khanna
|2018||Dr. Prem Kumar Gupta|
Prof. R.K. Khar
|2017||Prof. C.K. Kokate|
|2016||Mr. Ajit Singh|
Mr. Asit Ranjan Bhattacharyya
|2015||Prof. K. Chinnaswamy|
|2014||Dr. J.B. Dave|
Dr. B.K. Moza
|2013||Dr. H.P. Tipnis|
Prof. Vimla Devi
|2012||Dr. A.K. Kapadia|
Prof. B.K. Gupta
Prof. E. Venkata Rao
|2011||Dr. H.L. Bhalla|
Mr. P.D. Sheth
|2010||Prof. Harkishan Singh|
Mr. B.N. Thakore
Dr. S.N. Sharma
|2009||Dr. P.M. Naik|
|2008||Mr. Chandru Shahani|
|2007||Mr. I. A. Mody|
|2006||Mr. Devinder Pal|
Dr. J.N. Banerjee
|2005||Prof. V.B. Desai|
Mr. A. I. Mehta
|2004||Dr. R. S. Baichwal|
|2003||Mr. M. R. Shastri|
Mr. S. N. Desai
Mr. Gopal Krishna Murty